Top online investment platform OurCrowd is out with a note on its Sportstech portfolio companies as a fast emerging opportunity for investors. OurCrowd is holding its annual Summit this week and Sportstech will be just one of the industries the event will highlight.
OurCrowd CEO Jon Medved issued the following statement:
“Israel punches above its weight when it comes to sports technology, with over 200 companies in the field. The fast-growing multibillion-dollar market is expected to triple in the next few years as it transforms our approach to personal fitness and changes the way we view, play and enjoy sports, on and offline. Come see how it’s unfolding at the OurCrowd Summit this week.”
The OurCrowd Global Investor Summit is taking place in Jerusalem on February 13 and will include the participation of big names like:
- Michael Redd, a former NBA All-Star and Olympic Gold Medal Winner
- Michael Sutherland, the Chief Transformation Officer at Real Madrid, the world’s most valuable football club
- Marta Plana Dropez, a board member of FC Barcelona and head of BarçaInnovation Hub
Redd is joining the ADvantage Sports Tech Fund as a venture partner. Advantage is backed by leAD Sports and OurCrowd.
Sutherland has been an active angel investor, founder and advisor in early-stage companies and has led the growth and commercialization of technology startups in Silicon Valley. Prior to joining Real Madrid, he was the Director of Virtual Reality and Director of Product and Design for Emerging Technologies at HP Inc in Silicon Valley.
Dropez co-founded the Fintech company Pagantis and participated in the creation of several Silicon Valley technology start-ups.
Additional Sportstech startups featured at the Summit include:
- Track 160 – Developing fully automatic football analytics, coaching and prediction service using cutting-edge deep learning technology.
- Playsight – Connecting the next generation of athletes through immersive sports video and analytics technology.
- Kemtai – An early-stage, Israeli startup using advanced computer vision to create a personalized home fitness experience, which offers users the ability to train with a virtual AI coach that can actually see them, as if a trainer were right there in the room.
- Blink – Enhances social experience for gamers and streamers by automatically detecting and saving key moments in a game to create engaging, shareable stories.